Alpha Technologies Corporation (ASU)

Shares / Stock Code


Stock Exchange / Sharemarket


Alpha Technologies Corporation (ASU) is a company whose principal activities are the design, manufacture and distribution of a range of temperature and other sensors. The parent company of Alpha Technologies Incorporated is Alpha Sensors Limited whose primary business is the manufacture and assembly of temperature sensing equipment. Alpha Technologies Corporation was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on September 24, 1987. The Company’s business is located primarily in the United States, as well as in Europe. In the United States ASU manufactures and sells technical instruments mainly comprising thermistor ware.

The Company has set up its subsidiaries in Italy and Hong Kong, for promotion and selling thermistor ware. Alpha's key product range consists of a range of thermistors which are used in medical, heating, air conditioning and process control applications. Alpha Europe, the Company's European subsidiary, completed the acquirement of 70% ownership of Control HTP in 2006, with an option to take over the other 30% over the next three years. Control HTP makes temperature probes, electronic thermostats, electronic cards and equipments intended for the so-called White market, which is the industrial electronic consumer goods (white goods) market. ASU acquired an electric motor business from Electromax Electric Motors in September 2007. It acquired Alpha Technics Australia Pty Ltd in April 2007. One of the newest potential areas for ASU is in Systems Integration Services which make use of advanced digital signal conditioning and industry standard software.

Alpha Technologies Corporation History

Alpha Technologies Corporation was founded on 24 September 1987 as a public company. The Company’s Head office is based in Melbourne, Victoria. ASU is established internationally with facilities in China and Mexico. The Company has also exhibited in two trade shows both in the United States in 2005, where round about 60 leads generated between the two shows. In USA Alpha has hired two new sales people to meet expected sales growth.

Alpha Technologies Corporation (ASU) Products and Services

  • Temperature detection devices and sensors

Alpha Technologies Corporation (ASU) Locations and Subsidiaries

Alpha Technologies Corporation Head Office
C/- Hollingsworth & Co Pty Ltd
Level 2, 517 Flinders Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
Phone: (03) 9629 5020
Fax: (03) 9629 5466

Alpha Technologies Corporation Subsidiaries

Termistores de Tecate, S.A. de CV - mex
Alpha Sensors (USA) Inc - USA
Alpha Thermistor & Assembly, Inc – USA

Other Alpha Technologies Corporation Details

Alpha Technologies Corporation Year Established: 1986
ACN: 006 613 636
D-U-N-S: 751019134
ABN: 54006613636
Previous Company Names: Alpha Sensors Limited

Alpha Technologies Corporation (ASU) Share Price

Submitted by ASX Listed Company on 4 July, 2008 - 21:44

Recommended Websites