Platinum Asset Management (PTM)

Shares / Stock Code


Stock Exchange / Sharemarket


Platinum Investment Management trading as Platinum Asset Management ("Platinum") is a specialist fund management company that makes investments in a portfolio of global equities. Platinum Asset Management Limited (PTM) is the owner of Platinum. PTM listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) on 23rd May, 2007. Subsequent to listing, outside interests own around 30% of Platinum Asset Management Limited shares with the remaining around 70% of the shares held by the key personnel.

At present Platinum holds over A$13 billion under management, about 12% of which is sourced from investors in New Zealand, Europe, America and Asia. Platinum's investment strategy focuses on achieving absolute returns for investors. PTM provides investors with an exposure to international equity funds for making investments. It also offers investors the option of targeting investments via its number of specialised regional and industry specific funds. The Company limits the number of individual accounts.

Its key members of the management team hold equity in its business. The Company usually outsources its sales and distribution functions through joint venture operations with its partners like MLC Investments (Australia) and Optima Fund Management (New York). Whenever suitable it outsources custody, settlement, client record keeping and accounting to State Street Australia Limited and its distributors while keeping the portfolio tracking and analysis like 'middle office' functions.

Platinum Asset Management History

Platinum Asset Management commenced operations in March 1994, after securing the support of Soros Fund Management in addition to obtaining its first international fund management mandate. In 1994, the Company secured a joint venture distribution arrangement with Optima Fund Management, based in US. In 1995, it established the Platinum International fund. PTM made its debut on the Australian Stock Exchange in May 2007.

Platinum Asset Management (PTM) Products and Services

  • International funds management
  • Asset management
  • Investment management
  • Specialisation in global equity investment

Platinum Asset Management (PTM) Locations and Subsidiaries

Platinum Asset Management Head Office
Level 8, 7 Macquarie Place
Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2000
Phone: (02) 9255 7500
Fax: (02) 9254 5555

Trading Names

Platinum Asset Management Limited

Other Platinum Asset Management Details

Platinum Asset Management Year Established: 1990
ACN: 050 064 287
D-U-N-S: 751630864
ABN: 13050064287
Previous Company Names: Queens Hill Ltd; Queens Hill Pty. Ltd

Platinum Asset Management (PTM) Share Price

Submitted by ASX Listed Company on 18 May, 2009 - 01:05

Recommended Websites