Riversdale Mining (RIV)

Shares / Stock Code


Stock Exchange / Sharemarket


Riversdale Mining (RIV) is a coal exploration, mining and development Company, with operations in Australia and Africa. The Company operates several resource projects in Southern Africa. Riversdale Mining listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) on 24th January, 1986. RIV is a part of the Standard & Poor’s ASX 100 Index. On 1 December 2005, Riversdale acquired 74% in an operating underground anthracite mine, ZAC situated in the Zululand coalfield of northern Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. The Company produced 917,622 tons of coal from run of mine (ROM) during fiscal 2008. The Company’s Mozambique tenement areas include 22 licenses in Mozambique covering around 250,000 hectares. RIV has 65% share in Benga Coal Resource, with remaining 35% share held by its joint venture partner of this tenement. Benga Coal Resource spans over an area of 4,560 hectares and it is estimated to have 2.1 Billion tones of coal resource. On November 30, 2007, the Company completed the sale of 35% of Riversdale Energy Mauritius Limited to Tata Steel Limited. On August 8, 2008, the Company took over Riversdale Coal Proprietary Limited (previously known as Aquila Coal (Arica) Pty Limited). The Company aims to become a diversified mining finance house, committed to growth by investing in suitable mining opportunities.

Riversdale Mining (RIV) Products and Services

  • Coal

Riversdale Mining (RIV) Locations and Subsidiaries

Riversdale Mining Head Office
Level 1, 50 Margaret Street,
Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2000
Phone: +61 2 8299 7900
Fax: +61 2 8299 7999

WaivCom Worldwide Limited (Sales Office)
PO Box 55894 Dubai United Arab Emirates
Ph: (971 4) 28 1977 Fax: (971 4) 23 1732
E-mail: adil1@emirates.net.ae

WaivCom Worldwide Limited
Paul Levin & Associates (Sales Office)
PO Box 783708 Sandton 2146 South Africa
Ph: (271 1) 784 2887 Fax: (271 1) 788 2191
E-mail: palev@mweb.co.za

WaivCom Worldwide Limited (Sales Office)
Gfazstrasse 16d CH-6044 Udligenswil Switzerland
Ph: (041) 371 0663 Fax: (041) 371 0355
E-mail: ruckstuhl.media@bluewin.ch

Riversdale Mining Subsidiaries

Waiviata South East Asia Limited
H H & M Media Pty Ltd
Waiviata Pty Ltd (Under External Administration and/or Controller Appointed)
Waiviata Worldwide Tourist Publications Ltd
Moneysaver E Coupons Pty Ltd
Magazine Production Pty Ltd
Moneysaver Free Coupons Pty Ltd
Moneysaver Systems Pty Ltd

Trading Names

Riversdale Mining Limited
Nicholas Brooke As Administrator Of Waivcom Worldwide Limited

Other Riversdale Mining Details

Riversdale Mining Year Established: 1982
ACN: 006 031 161
D-U-N-S: 753052943
ABN: 53006031161
Previous Company Names: Waiviata International Limited; WaivCom Worldwide Limited

Riversdale Mining (RIV) Share Price

Submitted by ASX Listed Company on 29 December, 2008 - 00:16

Recommended Websites