Spark Infrastructure Group (SKI)

Shares / Stock Code


Stock Exchange / Sharemarket


Spark Infrastructure Group (SKI) is a leading infrastructure investment Company, with a market capitalisation of about A$1.8 billion. The fund invests in a portfolio of utility infrastructure assets in Australia and worldwide, with a focus on gas transmission and distribution, regulated water and other infrastructure-related assets. The Company has investments in three electricity distribution businesses in Australia including ETSA Utilities in South Australia, CitiPower and Powercor in Victoria. It holds a 49% interest in each of CitiPower, Powercor and ETSA Utilities. Spark Infrastructure Group listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on December 16, 2005. ETSA Utilities is the owner of electricity distribution business in South Australia. It supplies energy to over 782,000 customers in metropolitan areas and Adelaide. Powercor is the operator of the electricity distribution network in Victoria, with over 663,000 electricity consumers in central and western Victoria, including the outer suburbs of Melbourne. CitiPower is an electricity distribution network, providing electricity to circa 296,000 consumers all over the central business district as well as the inner suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria. Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited (CKI) and RREEF Infrastructure (RREEF) are both the 50/50% joint managers of the Company. The Fund seeks to provide its investors with an exposure to utility infrastructure fund through an investment strategy offering high cash yield as well as long-term capital growth.

Spark Infrastructure Group History

Prior to IPO, Cheung Kong Group had the 100% shareholding in each of the CitiPower, Powercor and ETSA electricity distribution businesses. Subsequent to the public offer, SKI acquired 49% interest in the three businesses. The remaining 51% interest is owned by Cheung Kong Infrastructure (CKI) and RREEF Infrastructure (RREEF).

Spark Infrastructure Group (SKI) Products and Services

  • Investment in utility infrastructure assets

Spark Infrastructure Group (SKI) Locations and Subsidiaries

Spark Infrastructure Group Head Office
Level 6, National Australia Bank House
255 George Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2000
Phone: (02) 9086 3600
Fax: (02) 9086 3666

Spark Infrastructure Group (SKI) Share Price

Submitted by ASX Listed Company on 24 November, 2008 - 22:40

Recommended Websites