Metcash (MTS)

Stock Code


Stock Exchange


Metcash Trading Limited (MTS) is a company engaged in the wholesale marketing and the distribution of liquor, food and other fast-moving consumer goods. MTS was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on the 8th of April 2005. Its average annual revenue reaches approximately $9.7 billion. Its headquarters is located in New South Wales, Australia and to date; around 4,300 people are employed in the company. Metcash Trading Limited mainly operates in three business segments: Australian Liquor Marketers, Campbells Cash & Carry and IGA Distribution.

Australian Supermarket Update 2013

Here is an update on the Australian supermarket retail landscape for 2013. Including: Woolworths, Wesfarmers (Coles), Metcash (IGA), Costco and Aldi.


  • Costco is an American big-box retail store with a club membership business model.
  • Costco is listed on the Nasdaq: COST
  • Costco has three warehouse stores in Australia: Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra. With Melbourne’s Docklands store first opening in 2009.
  • Australian Costco revenue for 2012 is at $609.5 million

Metcash Earnings Forecast

Grocery wholesaler, Metcash (ASX:MTS) have released their earnings forecast to the ASX stockmarket.

  • Metcash has announced that it will grow by "low to mid-single digits" for its existing businesses in 2012-13.
  • The adjusted earnings guidance comes after its capital raising, acquisitions and expects earnings per share dilution to be 1 to 3 percent in 2013.

Metcash Buys Mitre 10 for $46.5m

Grocery wholesaler, Metcash (ASX:MTS) has held 50.1 percent of Mitre 10 for more than 2 years and has paid $46.5 million for the remaining share. The acquisition of the remaining 49.9 percent stake includes over 400 Mitre 10 and True Value retail shopfronts as well as distribution rights to over 400 independent unbranded hardware shops.

Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2

The year comes of with a rough start for some and a smooth for others as companies trade stocks for the second week of 2012. Here are the lists of the best and worst traded stocks in the ASX100, ASX200 and All Ordinaries in the Australian Securities Exchange for January 9-13, 2012.

Best Performing Trade Stocks ASX100 (XTO)


Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16

This record contains the top 10 best and worst traded stocks in the ASX100, ASX 200 and All Ordinaries of the Australian Stock Exchange in the 50th week of 2011, from December 12 to 16, 2011.

Best Performing Trade Stocks ASX100 (XTO)


Friday Stock Market Events

In the list of stock market activities for December 9, 2011, there will be two upcoming ex-dividends, three Extraordinary General Meetings and four Annual General Meetings. There will be no floats on the same date.


Metcash's Franklins Takeover, Approved!

Grocery wholesaler Metcash (MTS) has been finally given the go signal regarding its takeover of Franklins supermarkets as the Federal Court dismisses the appeal of the competition watchdog against the transaction.

Floats, Dividends and AGMs in the Stock Market on Thursday

For the start of September, there are no companies scheduled to float but there are 15 stocks that will go ex-dividend and two companies that will have their general meeting.


Stocks from AAX, APN, BPA, CGF, FGL, GZL, IAG, IFL, KAT, SHL, SHV, SRV, TRG, TTS, and TWE will go on ex-dividend on September 1, 2011.

S&P ASX 100 Shares Winners

S&P ASX 100 Shares Winners companies for the week. These stocks increased their share price by the largest percentage on the Australian sharemarket, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) from the previous week of trading (3rd week: 17th January to 21st January 2011). Other lists of ASX companies by market capitalisation. Stocks this week include: MYR,

Syndicate content

Recommended Websites